Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My 40 pound dog got about 2 or 3 small pellets of dcon

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Dog
5/23/2015
Dog Specialist: Dr B, Veterinarian replied 3 years ago
Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Hi this is Dr J and I will be happy to help you with this. Unfortunately, you will have to either get your dog to an ER. Vomiting needs to be induced followed by charcoal administration and then vitamin K. These pellets can cause internal bleeding days to weeks later. What questions can I answer for you?

Really but he hardly ate any....most of it was on the floor

I understand.....it only takes a tiny amount of this to cause serious internal bleeding. Ingestion of this product always needs to dealt with in the manner I have listed. I have seen dogs bleed out 3 weeks later. These toxins cause the normal clotting cascade in the body to be disrupted. If you want to avoid serious illness or death, you need to take him to the ER.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Most Sincerely, DRJ
Can I be of further help to you?