Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 2yr old miniature dachshund chewed the tail which also includes

Customer Question

My 2yr old miniature dachshund chewed the tail which also includes the squeaky inside piece from a plastic toy. I've picked up pieces. He is acting as active as ever but his tummy is making noises.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Do you mean that he ate part of his toy and squeaker?
Has he had any vomiting? Any appetite loss?
Can he keep water down?
Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?
If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for responding. Everything seems to be fine this morning. His stomach is quiet and he is experiencing no pain, lethargy, or loss of appetite. I think all is well.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome.
I am glad to hear all is well and that he is comfortable.
Please let me know if you would like me to refer you back to customer service for a refund (since none of my colleagues were available to assist when you posted your question) or if you would like me to leave this question open in case you need any further help.
Dr. B.