Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dog received an injection of Polyflex per ml HD this morning…

Customer Question
My dog received an injection...
My dog received an injection of Polyflex per ml HD this morning because his stomach is upset and his poop looks weird....kinda crumbly. Now he's very lethargic and his nose feels warm to me. Yesterday he ate an entire (8 quantity) package of "sandwich thins" bread, the plastic package and all. During the night he pooped in the house, which he's never done before. The vet did a fecal exam (normal), an X-ray (normal), gave him oral barium, therapeutic, a shot of ondrasetron and a shot of polyflex. He's a 6 year old 98 pound Labradoodle. Should I be concerned that he's so tired now, or is this ok considering what he's been given today?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog
5/1/2015
Dog Specialist: Candy, Veterinary Technician replied 2 years ago
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician
Hello I am sorry to hear that Shiloh is not feeling well. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 26 years. I would be happy to help. Ondrasetron can cause some dogs to be sleepy and it is possible that he just does not feel well after eating the bread, and the added stress of the vet visit. I would continue to monitor him for now. If he begins drooling, having trouble breathing ( both of which can be signs of adverse effects of polyflex) his gums become pale in color, he seems overly painful in the abdomen or has trouble passing stool then I would have him re examined by the vet. I hope this helps and he gets well soon. Please reply back of you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. Please note that while you have placed a deposit with Justanswer I am not compensated for my time unless a rating of ok or higher is provided. I strive to provide excellent service so please do not hesitate to reply back if I can be of further assistance.
Candy
Candy
Candy, Veterinary Technician