Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My beagle mix has a persistent black rash in his armpits. It

Customer Question

My beagle mix has a persistent black rash in his armpits. It responded to a course of antibiotics and almost but not quite went away then came back. The ver is talking allergies but honestly that seems like an open ended scam of "special" expensive diets etc. what do you think?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.
Does your dog seem itchy at all?
What do you feed him?
How long was he on antibiotics?
Does he have any tear staining under his eyes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No tear staining. He recieved one shot of antibiotic. A little bit of itch but not a lot. I feed him Purina One.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
Has the vet ever suggestedthat this could be allergies?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If you had bothered to read my question you would see I said he had. This site is a scam. Forget it.
Expert:  Lisa replied 2 years ago.
I did read your question, and I understand your frustration about me asking again. What I should have asked is if the vet had suggested testing for allergies.There are medications such as Temaril P or Atopica that can be used to control allergies once you know exactly what the dog is allergic to. I live with 2 allergy dogs. I had them tested with VARL testing...that's something your vet could look into.Of course, you can also try getting him on a diet with no grain in it. Many dogs are highly allergic to corn and wheat, so if anything your dog is eating contains those, it could be making things worse.