Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

My dog requires a $5000 operation to correct Ottis Externis

problem. Is there any pet...
My dog requires a $5000 operation to correct Ottis Externis problem. Is there any pet organizations, foundations or anywhere that can help me reduce the cost. I have no problems paying, but I'm on a fixed income and any discounts or help would help me and my dog.
10/24/2013
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years and would love to assist you.

There are quite a few organizations that do funding, but with most an application has to be filled out and it becomes a waiting game to see if you get help:

Help-A-Pet

http://www.help-a-pet.org/

This group helps low income families with vet care.

IMOM

http://www.imom.org/

This organization help people with emergency medical care in some cases.

Care Credit

http://www.carecredit.com/

Quick application and approval for care credit card. You can sometimes apply
and get approval while you are at the vet office.

American Animal Hospital Association

http://www.aahahelpingpets.org/home/

Helps animals that have been abandoned or if the owner is having financial
hardships

Angels 4 Animals

http://www.angels4animals.org/

This organization offers financial aid or treatment to those pets and owners
in need.

God's Creatures Ministry

http://www.all-creatures.org/gcm/help-cf.html

Help pay Vet bills for those that need help

The Pet Fund

http://thepetfund.com/ /

Helps provide emergency vet care to those in need.

United Animal Nations

http://www.uan.org/lifeline/index.html

HandicappedPets.com

http://www.handicappedpets.com/Articles/help/

Sometimes helps handicapped pets.

This site may have additional resources as well.

http://www.speakingforspot.com/helppayingforveterinarycare.html

Please let me know if I can be of further help. Joan

I'm in PA, would these organizations open to animal owners nationwide?

These organizations are nationwide, but if you give me a minute, I will see if I can locate some organizations specific to PA. This is what is listed for PA: PENNSYLVANIA
The Animal Rescue of Western PA, http://www.animalrescue.org/Clinic.htm

The Humane Society of Berks County Veterinary Hospital, http://www.berkshumane.org/vets/vets_services.asp

Hopefully one or more of these organizations will help.

Joan

Ok.

All I could find is what I listed above. The two links in PA are not active links. I just rechecked them. You can use a fund raising site that may help like this one and get the word out on facebook: http://www.youcaring.com/ You may also want to contact the local TV station or Newspaper that can run a story about your situation and your dog. There are people that will usually help out for legitmate animal causes, like the situation your dog has. I would start with the links I supplied and use these last suggestions as a last resort. Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Hi Mike,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan
Her ears have shown improvement on one side. The vets aid that he believes they have calcified in the upper area, due to repeat infection. It's hard, no blood flow to that area. Since that tissue is gone, then it leaves for us to concentrate on the still living areas. New drops, increase dose and some new diet is what we are doing now. Yogurt, on tsp per day,, is keeping the yeast down. She has that for sure and an infection. It was analyzed today. So improvement has been shown, we are hoping the combined methods a new meds, will yield greater improvement.

I hope that things do continue to improve.

Joan

It's slow, but I would take that than nothing.

Even small improvements are steps in the right direction. One day at a time.

Joan

This experience has opened my eyes more to taking more preventive measures. Starting with diet, the foundation of health. We have another Spaniel, a red and white a male. So I'm giving him better food, less processed. Yogurt to control yeast, and anything else to prevent this.
Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech