Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

Hi my dog is shaking and panthing anthing real bad for the

Hi my dog is shaking...
Hi my dog is shaking and panthing
anthing real bad for the past 20 min
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/24/2013
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Does Tigger seem painful at all?

Has he done any vomiting or having diarrhea?

Is he eating/drinking/urinating normally?

Has he gotten any new foods or treats?

No he is not in pain

no vomiting

I really have not seen if he has drink water or not

and yes I got my dogs new treats yesterday but I have other dogs and they are ok

Thanks for the additional information. Were the treats you got chicken jerky?

No they are just regular cookie treats no yerky

Perfect. Thanks again for the extra information.

It's hard to say what is going on with him. The fact that he doesn't seem painful, isn't doing any vomiting or having diarrhea and was acting completely normal before this makes me feel comfortable thinking that it's nothing too serious.

It's definitely possible that something startled him which caused him to be a bit anxious. For tonight, I'd just keep an eye on him and see if it resolves. Try not to give him sympathy because if this is a behavioral issue, then giving him a lot of attention may make him think that you're encouraging the behavior.

Of course, it goes without saying that if he gets sicker or if it hasn't cleared up by morning, then you should give your vet a call just to be safe.

0

He is not going to have a heart attack?

he had something like this yesterday do u think he had a seizure

No, I'm confident he's not going to have a heart attack.

It is possible...if you have a phone or camera that takes video, you should record this episode so you can show the vet in the morning. Often, it's easier for a vet to know that it is for sure a seizure when they can see it happening.

Will it go away? Have you seen dogs with this symptoms before? He is my everything and dont want to see him like this is there anything I should do!!!

If this is a seizure, then it will go away in time...of course, if it is a seizure, we're going to want to figure out what is causing it...which is why you're going to give your vet a call in the morning.

But to help you feel better...I know it's super scary to see Tigger acting like this, but I am very confident that this isn't something that's going to kill him over night...If it's a seizure, it's a mild one, so although I know it's hard, try not to be upset.
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Hi Maria,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tigger. How is everything going?

Lisa
Lisa
Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech