Anna
Anna, Dog Expert, Biologist
Experience:  35 years training & showing dogs. Written articles for Dog Fancy, Dogs, Dog World.
6012901

my dog has a one sided drooping lip,been like it a week now.she

my dog has a one sided drooping lip,been like it a week now.she is 9 years old and a staffordshire bull terrier. she is dribling alot from it.i am really worried

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a biologist with a special interest in canine health. I'll be happy to help you this morning.

BooBoo is exhibiting signs of facial nerve paralysis. Something interferes with the facial nerve so it can't function properly and this type of drooping results. The lack of normal nerve response can also lead to symptoms in the eyes, leading to the need for use of artificial tears to keep them lubricated. A number of different conditions including, hypothyroidism, tumors, ear problems, injuries, and dental problems, can lead to facial paralysis. You'll need to take BooBoo to your vet for testing to find the underlying cause. Some of these conditions are treatable, while others are not. When the paralysis is permanent, most dogs learn to live with it. You can read more here:

http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/neurological/c_multi_facial_nerve_paresis#.UmE_TiQhbhU

If you have more questions, let me know in a REPLY. I hope BooBoo will be fine.

Anna

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service only after you have all the information you need. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much for getting back to me. i live in the uk in staffordshire and am a student so vets is going o be pricey i would imagine.her back teeth seem to have got smaller but to be fair i cant really remember how big there were before. booboo is my life and my companion since i split from my partner and i have had her from day one,from a puppy.

any help would be greatly appriciated.although sometimes she is clumpsy on her feet with balance.

Ear infections and tumors can both result in such clumsiness. I understand being short of money. Unfortunately, there is no way for you or me to diagnose the exact nature of the problem. An exam, and possibly blood work and/or x-rays, will be needed for that. Perhaps your vet would arrange a schedule of small monthly or weekly payments. Maybe a member of your family would provide a vet visit as an early Holiday or birthday gift. (My own mom did this for me when I was a student).

You can put artificial tears in BooBoo's eyes to prevent drying out, and provide her easy-to-eat foods, but there is no home treatment for something like this.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. I hope you'll be bale to work something out.

Anna
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry pressed wrong button,mouse sliped.please can you undo it

Thanks for letting me know what happened.

I'll see if I can get it taken care of.

Anna

Hi Sarah,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Booboo. How is everything going?

Anna