Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

My dog is a white Boxer she is six she has recently had a checkup

My dog is a white Boxer she is six she has recently had a checkup and I want to know how to get rid of the dark stains under her eyes, it seems like it just all of a sudden got worse. She has no eyelashes poking her eye no turned in eyelid. I have been giving her some new teeth cleaning treats with a little rawhide on the outside that is green colored with chicken in the middle. There is so much stuff online to use I just don't know what product would work or might be bad for her.
Hi Sir or Madam,
.
My name is Jane. I have been working professionally with animals especially dogs in both health and behavioral issues for over 18 years. I have over 14,000 satisfied customers. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.
.

Dog tears and saliva contain an enzyme that causes a chemical reaction on the hair turning it red. There are many products on the market to remove this. They are marketed as Dog tear Stain Removers. The following site has a good chart that discusses these.

http://pet-health-centers.com/tear-stain-products/?s_kwcid=TC|23581|tear%20stain%20remover%20dogs||S|b|9533815981

.

The website below has a different approach suggesting altering your dog's pH levels to prevent the staining which you may wish to look at.

http://bichonhealth.org/HealthInfo/TearStaining.asp

.

There is also an antibiotic that your vet can prescribe called Tylan that has been shown to be useful to stop tears and saliva from discoloring a dog’s coat. You will want to ask your vet about this.

.

Now when a dog's eyes are tearing and gets a build up under the eye, a yeast infection can result. You will want to clean the area real good, being very careful of the eyes while you are doing this. Trim the hair back and try some miconazole cream which may provide some relief until you can have him seen by your Vet.

.

I hope this information is helpful to you and you are satisfied with my response. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have .

.