Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

I found a pimple like bump on my dogs arm. It looks red with

I found a pimple like bump on my dog's arm. It looks red with a white part in the middle. Can it be popped like a pimple? Or do I need to go to the vet? It seems to not be a bug. It really just looks like a pimple but slightly hard. Thank you.
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

It sounds to me like Max may have something called a sebaceous cyst. This is just an over-active cebum gland, and unless it's causing your dog discomfort or irritation, we actually recommend leaving it alone.

When you squeeze these guys, it tends to make them "angry"...in other words, if you squeeze it, it will express all the material inside just like a pimple will. But, once you've done it, it doesn't go away like a pimple..it grows big again..and often, it grows bigger.

There's more information on it here: http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/pet-health/sebaceous-cysts-cats-or-dogs

If Max were mine...I'd keep an eye on it for a few days or weeks. If it gets bigger, causes him pain or discomfort, or breaks open on it's own, then you should have your vet take a peek, but most times they're there for years with no problems.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is a picture. I just want to make sure. Thank you for the link, it sounds like what he has. The pictures I found online looked much worse than him, so I wanted to just send you a picture.

Thanks for your help. Max's arm

Yep...that's what it looks like to me too!!