Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

MY LITTLE WESTIE HAS EXACTLY THE SAME ON HIS LIP ONE VET TOLD

MY LITTLE WESTIE HAS EXACTLY THE SAME ON HIS LIP ONE VET TOLD ME HE HAD CANCER WITHOUT TAKING A SAMPLE?? THE NEXT VET GAVE HIM ANTI INFLAMATORY INJECTION AND TOOK A BLLOD SAMPLE STATING NOTHING WAS WRONG BUT A MONTH LATER DINKY STILL HAS THIS LUMP ON HIS LIP BUT IS SHOWING NO SIGNS OF BEING SICK WILL I ASK FOR THIS LUMP TO E REMOVED
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today. Just like an in person consult, I'll need to ask a few questions.

Can you describe what the lump looks like?

Is it smooth or wart like?

DOes it bother him?

Does it interfere with him eating?

How big is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its on his upper right hand side of his lip, soft when felt and i he does not like it being felt we had him at the groomer on june 3rd, went on hols with him and then took him back to the groomer, who discovered the lump, after 6 weeks, took him to ur vet who immediately diagnosed cancer without doing anything, i then took him to another vet who gave him anti inflamatory injections, plus a blood test, which came back negative. he then told me to come back if it had not disappeared but its still there after a month

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

are u there

Does it look like any of these:

http://www.dogforums.com/attachments/dog-health-questions/20092d1279075379-white-bump-dogs-lip-little-wart.jpg

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jadedangel57/2012-06-17_211349_papilloma.jpg

(it may be bigger or smaller than these pictures, but the general idea)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yep it does its black because he is a westie not red and aggresive and about the same size on his upper lip

Perfect!!! I'm happy to hear that!!!

Without being able to see your dog in person and do testing on the lump, it's hard to tell what exactly, that growth might be. However, since you've stated that it looks like the pictures, I strongly suspect it's a viral papilloma.

This site goes over canine warts or papilloma virus if you are seeing warts around his mouth and on the face etc. http://www.marvistavet.com/html/canine_viral_papillomas.html

Usually these go away on their own over time, though some have any removed that interfere with vision or eating, and some have the vet crush the larger warts to help the dog's immune system handle them.

At this point, I'd ask the vet if he feels that this is what we're dealing with..and if so, then they may want to either remove it, or crush it (crushing it breaks it down and allows the body to get rid of it easier). Personally, I've got a dog with one that has been there for at least 3 years...doesn't cause him any discomfort or pain, so we just keep an eye on it!

I hope this helps!!