Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX HAVE AN 8 YEAR OLD DOBERMAN THAT

HI MY NAME ISXXXXX HAVE AN 8 YEAR OLD DOBERMAN THAT HAD EXPLORITORY SURGERY A WEEK AGO SINCE THEN HE CAME HOME THEY DID N T TOUCH HIS URINARY TRACT AT ALL. HE HAS BEEN URINATING IN HIS SLEEP WHY WHAT IS THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP US DR LORETTA AND GINA HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL.

Hello again Brian:

Poor poor Charley...he's been through the wringer with this surgery. Given Charley's age and pain meds I wouldn't be overly concerned about the urination. I would, however, come Monday, run a urine sample over to your vet just to be sure he does not have a UTI...always better to be safe than sorry. If it is a UTI, a simple broad spectrum antibiotic will take care of it. For now, see if you can find a "belly band"...usually major pet supplies carry them. Its just a long band of material with velcro on each end to wrap around the penis so that if he pees or leaks it is captured by the band and not yoru floor :)

Let me know if I can be of further help with Charley :)