How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lisa Your Own Question
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 16504
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Lisa is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 45 lb Male Brittany Spaniel whose fatty tumor has

This answer was rated:

I have a 45 lb Male Brittany Spaniel whose fatty tumor has erupted. Is it safe to go him a small dose of my amox tr k clv?
Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your dog today.

Is Tango's tumor currently bleeding?

Is it somewhere he can lick it?

When did it erupt?

Does it seem to be bothering him?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Tango tumor erupted yesterday while I was at work. His appetite was good and he seemed okay but I bathed him and used some betadine solution diluted on it. Today he's not feeling well but did eat and I have an Elizabethan collar on him. Can I wait til tomorrow to see a vet or should I go to the emergency vet. I know he isn't feeling right and is listless. Thanks, bess
Thanks for answering my questions. I appreciate it.

I am a bit concerned with the fact that Tango is lethargic today. If this was a case of him just having a small wound from that tumor breaking, then I'd tell you to just go ahead and wash the area with a warm water and gentle soap (baby shampoo works great for this because it doesn't sting) and then use something like Neosporin on it to help it be free from infection.

However, I wouldn't expect him to be lethargic from that, so there is a possibility that there is something more going on. The fact he did eat is good, so as long as he stays as stable as he is now, you could wait until tomorrow to have him seen by his regular vet...of course, if he gets sicker or more lethargic, then you should take him to the emergnecy vet tonight.

I hope he's feeling better soon.
Lisa and other Dog Specialists are ready to help you