Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

Can I use morrocan oil on my dogs coat if its dry?

Can I use morrocan oil on my dog's coat if it's dry?

Hi Jacustomer-7g2068vu~

Moroccan oil is also known as argan oil and although it is sometimes used on show dogs, I would not recommend that you use it on your dog as it can cause illness such as pancreatitis or kidney problems if the dog licks a large amount off of itself.

If you want your dog to look and smell better for the holidays you can simply give him a bath with regular human shampoo and follow it up with conditioner. DO NOT do this regularly as it can cause the dryness to get worse over time, but for this one time, it will be perfectly fine.

If the dryness is a chronic issue for your dog, you may want to talk to your vet about adding something like fish oil to his diet to help improve the dry skin/fur.

I hope this helps.