Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

How much olive oil or flax oil do I give my dog to keep her

How much olive oil or flax oil do I give my dog to keep her from shedding? She weighs between 15 anc 20 lbs.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 years ago.

Sally Grott :

hello and welcome to Just Answer. You may want to switch to fish oil gel tabs as they do a pretty good job. The gel tabs, if your dog will not eat them in the food can be peirced and squeezed over top of the food. Some dogs like them well enough to eat as a treat, but every dog is different. Also while omega fatty acids strengthen the skin and coat they do not stop shedding.

Sally Grott :

hello are you there

Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 years ago.
I was not sure if you were still on line since you did not respond. As stated, this does not stop shedding it is meant to strenghten the skin and coat.