Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

A re alprazolam(.5mg) for canines the same as human

A re alprazolam(.5mg) for canines the...
A
re alprazolam(.5mg) for canines the same as human alprazolam(.5mg)? I am asking because my Vet. charged me $6.73 per pill (2)and I really can't afford it; especially since my wife takes these and she gets a script from her primary physician once a month while her co-pay for 30 pills is less than the price of 2 pills from the Vet!
Waiting for reply,
Jeff and Tina Blair----Thanks!
P.S.
The Vet sold them to us because my puppy is very hyper.
4/3/2011
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Hello. Thanks for writing in. Yes; the medications are exactly the same. You can let your vet know that you have some at home already and work with them on how to dose it for your puppy. I wouldn't just give the medication without veterinary supervision. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Hope this helps.
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian