Lisa
Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification
10413311

My dog's tummy is making weird noises. Like

My dog's tummy is making weird noises. Like gurgleing,squirting & more it's sort of loud and has been doing it about 45 minutes what could be the problem?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.

Hi Jacustomer-4n95avq0~

When was the last time he ate?

What breed of dog is he?

Has there been any vomiting or diarrhea?

Is he acting normal otherwise?

When was the last time he urinated/defecated?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He ate last night he's a mixed retrever,no vomiting or diarrhea he acts ok. he used the bathroom did both about hour ago
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.

Is he acting normally otherwise?

Not lethargic?

Does he ever eat non-food items?

Does he normally eat in the mornings?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He is acting normal not lethargic no he does eat eat non food items as for eating in the mornings sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't..
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.

Because he's acting normal and isn't showing any signs of illness makes me think that the sounds you're hearing are normal gut sounds which could be exacerbated or made louder by the fact he hasn't eaten yet today.

If this were my dog, I'd try feeding him a little something. If he won't eat his normal food, you could try a little bread with some peanut butter on it. Just putting a little something in his belly will likely quiet the sounds.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I always have food in his bowl so he can eat whenever he wants (like me) but he doesn't act hungry this moring if so he would let me know.Do you think if I gave him some pepto bismol that would help? would that hurt him?
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.

You can try a little Pepto..the usual dose is 1 teaspoon per 5 pounds of body weight...so if he weighs 30 pounds, he could have 6 teaspoons (or 2 tablespoons as 3tsp = 1 tblsp).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He weighs about 56 pounds
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.
he can have about 3.5 tablespoons of Pepto. It might be easier to measure it into a small bowl and see if he'll lick it out.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK I will give that a try and let you know in a little while if I need more help.
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 years ago.

Absolutely.

If I've helped you this morning, go ahead and press that green accept button...even after you press it, you'll still be able to come back to this question and talk more with me.