Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My puppy boxer (11 months) has moles or blisters along his…

Customer Question
My puppy boxer (11 months)...
My puppy boxer (11 months) has moles or blisters along his jowels just near his mouth. They seem to have developed quickly over the last two weeks. He also has a couple under his mouth that were pink and bled as he scartched them. I am taking him to the vet on Monday - but I am a bit concerned. Thoughts? I know Boxers are prone to skin growths - but it looks like 6-10 of these appeared quickly - he was recently kenneled and when I picked him up after being away for a week they were apparent.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/27/2010
Dog Specialist: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Welcome to Just Answer. I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Is he still eating and drinking normally? Any other skin lesions elsewhere on his body? Does he play with other young dogs that could be chewing / biting him in this area?

He actually did not eat well - appears to be drinking normally - I have not seen any other lesions on his body. Not playing with any dogs that might be biting him. Can I text or email you pictures?

Sure on sending a photo! That may help a lot.

On your question page, there is a tool bar above the reply box at the bottom of the page. If the tool bar is not showing, click "show tool bar". Once you have the tool bar showing, here are the instructions for posting your files:

For graphics, click the tree icon and then browse to choose a GIF, PNG, or JPG. Upload and then insert it.

File size is limited to 1 MB. For files bigger than 1MB, go to a free file hosting website such as MediaFire.com (Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, Flickr.com) and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

ok - give me a couple of minutes to get that posted
Pls reply again so I can see toolbar
graphicok - give me a couple of minutes to get that posted

Ok. Thanks for the photo. I would be very suspicious that the lesions your seeing are viral pappilomas. They are a viral lesion that occurs in young dogs. If this is what it is, they are usually ones that resolve on their own. If it isn't this, she may have a dermatitis - skin infection - around her muzzle. But, I'm most suspicious of the papillomas.

Here is a great link on them.

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=465

Be sure to keep the appointment with your vet. Can you let me know what they diagnose? I'll keep this link open.