Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

sodium methoxide ingestion now the dog was washed right away…

Customer Question
sodium methoxide ingestion...
sodium methoxide ingestion now the dog was washed right away and given peroxide to get the dog to throw up and she did every thing that was in her belly... she had gotten it on her head and drank some of it i'm guessing she laped about 5 time's ingesting it. after she had thrown up and was dried off she was given some milk she is acting normal right now and show's no signs of the exposure

what else can i do for her????
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog
6/21/2010
Dog Specialist: Ann M., Dog Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Ann M.
Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
This compound is very toxic to mucous membranes and can cause death. I would get your dog to a vet right away to have your vet give a dose of activated charcoal and then start your dog on gastric protectants to prevent oral, esophageal, and stomach ulceration. I would not wait. Best of luck.