Dog

Get your dog care questions answered by Experts

My dog is bleeding heavily - we came home yesterday and there…

Customer Question
My dog is bleeding heavily...
My dog is bleeding heavily - we came home yesterday and there were two large puddles of blood. I thought she started her cycle. This morning, there again was blood, her body is very limp, she won't lift her head. She seems extremely week.

About 3 weeks ago, she was drug down the street by a truck. I took her too the vet and she had 3 fractures but they said she'd be fine that the bones would fuse together. She started moving around about a week later after antiboitics and pain medication. Now she's taken a turn for the worse.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog
6/11/2010
Dog Specialist: Terri Riba, Healthcare Expert replied 8 years ago
Terri Riba
Terri Riba, Healthcare Expert

Dear friend,

I am sorry your girl is so ill.

I do not want to alarm you but she needs to get to a vet IMMEDIATELY!

She may have internal bleeding.

Just put her in the car and take her:

n the meantime put a few drops of pancake syrup in her mouth to raise her blood sugar

If your regular veterinary office is not open today, you can use this directory to look for an emergency clinic:
Emergency veterinary directory here.

Please write back and let me know how she is doing.

Best wishes for her,

Terri