Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

my dog isnt eating but drinking a lot more water than normal

Customer Question
and her energy level is...
my dog isnt eating but drinking a lot more water than normal and her energy level is way down
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Dog
10/8/2009
Dog Specialist: Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian replied 8 years ago
Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian

The symptoms you describe sound like your dog has a fever. Usually in pets this is a sign of an infection somewhere and antibiotics are needed to clear this up. It sounds like you are going to need to get in to your vet for treatment and I would go tomorrow sice it has been four days already.

You can check her temperature with a thermometer inserted one inch rectally. Normal temperature is 101.0 to 102.5. Anything over 102.5 is a fever.

Dr. Debbie

Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian
Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie
Dr. Debbie, Veterinarian