How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NancyH Your Own Question
NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31958
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115
Type Your Dog Question Here...
NancyH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have orally given my dog endo-mectin or ivermectin 1/10 of

Resolved Question:

i have orally given my dog endo-mectin or ivermectin 1/10 of a cc and he is vomiting and has a fast heart beat and breathing real hard is this normal or do i need to get him to the vet asap
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 8 years ago.

This may be a toxic reaction to the type of poison you used for the heartworms.

You can read about toxic reactions here

http://www.petplace.com/dogs/ivermectin-toxicity/page1.aspx

As you can see on this site

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/ivermectin-ivomec-heartgard/page1.aspx

Dose is 0.0015 to 0.003 mg per pound

Endo-mectin has about .07mg per ml. (a cc=ml)

I'd suggest that you see a vet with him and bring along the container of product you used and the measuring syringe so they can see how much he got.

I'd plan on seeing a vet with him.

Hope this helps you!

NancyH and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you