Dog

Get Your Dog Care Questions Answered by Experts

Dog

what is a small red bubble on my dogs ear

Customer Question
There is a small red...
There is a small red bubble on my dog''s ear. It''s about 1/2 an inch by 1/2 an inch and it has been there for about a month it has very slowly grown over time.
Submitted: 10 years ago.Category: Dog
1/11/2008
Dog Specialist: Joan, Vet Tech replied 10 years ago
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

hello,

Does the area look like an air pillow on the ear?

Joan

Reply to Jav917's Post: i don't exactly know what an air pillow is. it is probably 1/8 by 1/8 of an inch where it starts to grow from his ear then at the top of the "thing" it is 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. it is red/pink in color. it almost looks like a blood blister that has grown off of the skin. please help i will give you my phone # XXXXX you want to speak to me you can call me from a blooked # XXXXX you are concerend about me knowing your #. my # XXXXX XXXXX XXX XXXX. please call i am really worried aboutmy dog and dont have allot of money to take him to the vet. thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!

What your baby has is called an Aural Hematoma which is caused by broken blood vessels bleeding into the ear flap cause the ear flap to fill with blood. This is caused by trauma to the ear from scratching or head shaking. This will not resolve itself and will need to be treated by a Vet. It will needed to be drained and sutured. If this is not done the ear will eventually shrivel and become cauliflowered. Joan

http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_aural_hematoma.html

Joan
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech