How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NancyH Your Own Question
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 31958
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
Type Your Dog Question Here...
NancyH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my dog ingested silly putty what should I do

Resolved Question:

No Comment Added
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  NancyH replied 9 years ago.
If he didn't get a lot it should pass through. Its non toxic so you don't have to worry about that.
If he just swallowed it within the last half hour or so you can get him to vomit it up and you can read here how to do that using fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide
If it was a huge amount of it then you might want vet help in getting it out of him.
Or you may want to feed him some high fiber food to help him pass it through if its been more than an hour since he ate it.
Oatmeal, plain canned pumpkin, bran flakes (no raisins), a couple of spoons of any of those added to his meal or as a treat may help bulk up his stool and keep it moist making it easier to passy the putty.
If it moves right along it should be out the other end in about 24 hours or so.
If he shows signs of vomiting, inability to pass stool, not eating, or tummy upset or pain see your vet for help.
Hope this helps you!
NancyH and 2 other Dog Specialists are ready to help you