How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gina Your Own Question
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 5880
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
Type Your Dog Question Here...
Gina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just swallowed a lollipop stick. What should I do

Customer Question

Stick was from a dumdum lollipop. Swallowed it about 50 minutes ago.
Submitted: 10 years ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Gina replied 10 years ago.

At this point it is a wait and see game. Hopefully your dog chewed it some before he/she swallowed it and it will be able to pass easily through the GI tract. The symptoms of a possible obstruction are refusal of food and water, vomiting and diarrhea, lethargy and fever over 103...if your dog shows any of these symptoms, please see your vet with him. You can offer him some canned food and a few teaspoons of plain canned pumpkin to add some extra water and fiber to help pass the lollipop stick. Good luck and hope it passes without issue :)