Donna RN
Donna RN, Avid pet lover
Experience:  Registered Nurse, pet owner for many years, 8 cats/2 dogs
3004962

My dog is not eating, vomiting, drinking lots of water and ...

My dog is not eating, vomiting, drinking lots of water and urintating a lot. She is lethargic and i have seen her shaking once. This has been going on for 2 days. She has had discharge from her nose for the last week and it is inflamed and some bleeding inside her nostrills. Can you tell me what these symtoms could indicate. I realize it may be many things.

HI! The not eating and vomiting are not easily diagnosed.....but, the drinking lots of water, urinating a lot, lethargy and shakiness are symptomatic of blood sugar issues....possibly diabetes. Could also be a kidney problem. This dog should be seen by a VET as soon as possible. If she is vomiting, as well, she is becoming dehydrated. I am concerned that this may not wait until Monday morning.....

Donna RN

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
there is bile in her vomit and her vet normally comes to our house so he would probably see her in the morning but i am wondering if i need to get her in now.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.

HI! I think this can wait until morning, since the dog IS taking water. Since she has excessive thirst, hopefully she is keeping up with her hydration needs despite the vomiting and increased urination. Just keep an eye on her and wait until the vet can come over to your house (what a NICE vet)!! The bile is not a worrisome sign....this is just because she has not eaten - and has been vomiting

Donna RN Good luck! My sister has a cat with diabetes!!