Jane Lefler, Breeder,Behaviorist, formerVet Asst
Experience:  Former vol Vet Assistant.Breeder 18+ years Dog trainer / behaviorist
2361900

My dog has been throwing up every night at the same time ...

My dog has been throwing up every night at the same time around 2am and 4am. Our vet told us to feed her right before she goes go bed to see if that helps but she is stil throwing up almost every other night. what do you suggest?
Hi Lindsey,

Is she the throwing up yellowish vomit?
Has she been on any medication lately?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Jane Lefler's Post: No she is not on any medication and its kind of yellow sometimes and some times white and fomy. She does also have some discharge in her eyes that is yellow. but she has had this problem for a while because she is white and the pink around her eyes gets irrtated
Hi Lindsey,

Yellowish vomit generally indicates an excess of bile in the stomach which is probably why your Vet said to feed her late to try and absorb and offset this. There is a few things you can try. I'd try adding a spoonful of yogurt to her food to add good bacteria into her stomach. You can also try giving her some pepcid before bedtime and see if this helps a bit. Read about dosages and usage informations here: http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/famotidine-pepcid/page1.aspx

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
do you think i should worry about her eyes we ues sun screen on them and her nose every day.