Sakura & Kyo
Sakura & Kyo, Veterinary Assistant
Experience:  7+ years of veterinary technician experience. Also enrolled Penn Foster College since 2005
2246425

why is my dog choking up blood

Customer Question

he was fine on friday saturday i come home to find an unplayful tired skittish dog...very odd for him. every once in a while through the night he starts gaging and choking, then drops of blood come either out of his mouth or nose cant really tell, and at one time he had a long snot string hanging from his nose. I dont know what to do? he also hasnt eaten or drank any water, and when he sleeps he shivers, dont know from being cold or dreaming?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sakura & Kyo replied 10 years ago.

You need to get him to a Vet right away.

There are many of things that can cause this, trauma, heart, sinuses, internal bleeding.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Selena H.'s Post: well i already knew there was something seriously wrong, i came on here for answers not for what i already know.
The dog really needs to be seen by a Vet there is nothing that my colleges or I can do without seeing the dog. Please go to a Vet right away. We can give suggestions but we do not diagnoses
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Selena H.'s Post: well thanks for your time, but to be honest it wasnt that much help, so id rather not pay $15
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Selena H.'s Post: im sorry, thanks for your time, but i am not satisfied with this web site, i am not willing to pay $15 for this, i need that $15 to take him to the vet.
You will need to send an email to [email protected] to request a refund.