Lori
Lori, Canine Health Care & Guidance
Experience:  Qualified by many years of healthcare & experience in breeding dogs
260309

small bloody hole near my dogs anus

Customer Question

My dog (rat Terrier) has a small hole near her anus, it almost looks like a crater that an oversized pimple would leave. There was some blood drops on the bed, and that's how we noticed it. Now she is constantly licking at it. Any Idea?
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lori replied 11 years ago.

Hi-

It sounds like your dog's anal gland may have abscessed and ruptured. Keep it as clean as possible with Peroxide and neosporin. You really need to have the vet take a look as she may need oral antibiotics to prevent the infection from the abscess from spreading. Please let me know if I can assist further.