NancyH
NancyH, Dog Expert:Rescue, Train,Breed,Care
Experience:  30+ yrs dog home vet care & nursing, rescue, behavior&training, responsible show breeding, genetics
127115

my dog ate a tick, is this a problem to the health of my dog ...

my dog ate a tick and i was wondereing if this is potentialy hazardous to his health
Its not likely that eating the tick will cause a real problem for your dog but if the tick had been attached to the dog, or if it has more, then a tick carried disease is certainly a possibility.
I'd suggest getting your dog on tick prevention and asking your vet about testing for tick carried disease.
But as far as the tick itself the dog's body just views it as more protein. The concern is if it was carrying a disease or not and if the stomach acids destroyed the bacteria or not.
Hope this helps you!