Gina
Gina, Breeder and Health Care Specialist
Experience:  20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
673497

Can I safley feed smoked pork hocks to my 2 dogs (I have a ...

Can I safley feed smoked pork hocks to my 2 dogs? (I have a boxer/hound & an aussie)
Lynn: Have you ever given your dogs pork in the past?
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to Gina's Post: Hi
Yes, they can tolerate pork. I was really wondering if there were any bones in there that could splinter & be dangerous...
Thanks!
Lynn
I would not feed smoked pork to my dogs (who are fed a raw diet) as yes, the cooked bones could splinter and cause serious problems in the GI tract. A great treat is a bully stick :) They can be found at your local pet superstore :) Good luck
Experience: 20+ years experience in animal health care. Hobby breeder of Olde English Mastiffs and owned by an English Bulldog.
Hi there, NEVER feed cooked bones to your dog. They will break into sharp splinters. Uncooked bones are much better, they are softer and digest better without the risk of splintering.