Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My cat hasn't been eating or drinking anything himself for

My cat hasn't been eating or drinking anything himself for the past 4 days, I have started feeding him myself, as well as vomiting a few times a day and I haven't seen a bowl movement since he stopped eating or just before. Also this was just after I had switched his food, but I have since switched his food back, got him new water, and scrubbed down his litter box.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the cat also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: yes, he sleeps or just lounges most of the day. Going on my earlier question, he has gone pee since I started feeding and giving him liquids myself.
JA: Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No.
JA: What's the cat's name?
Customer: Raito.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: Only the fact that I haven't seen blood in anything he's puked up.

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

TAKE THESE STEPS

rub a drop of honey or syrup into his gums every half hour till he perks up.offer him tuna water drained from the can to hydrate him and replace his electrolytesoffer him canned or baby food with no onion powder.dropper feed if he wont eat.Give him one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours. wait 30 minutes and offer soft food.you can also use ginger, an eighth of a tsp for nauseahttp://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.htmlRemove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food. I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread. Kind regards,Terri

can you see answer?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
For electrolytes I've been giving him unflavored pedialyte, will this work too? I've only been giving him at the most 30ml to him a day 5ml at a time when I syringe feed him.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
I did see your answer.

yes, pedialyte will help a lot with hydration and electrolytes so keep that up

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
ok, could these also be symptoms of constipation?

is he able to urinate ok?

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
yes, he just hasn't had a BM

if he is constipated give him an ounce of whole milk...its a natural laxative. may repeat as often as necessary

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
ok, what if I can't find any in stores with everything that's going on?
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
also would syringe feeding him this be ok?

any milk will help but whole milk is best...yes, you can syringe it

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
ok, thanks. I'll try what you suggested. I really appreciate your help.

my pleasure, I will be here for you as long as you need me