We are thinking of buying a Persian cat from a lady who is selling them at $250 each. This is a great deal but the

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: We are thinking of buying a Persian cat from a lady who is selling them at $250 each. This is a great deal but the kittens are not spayed or neutered. They also need their booster shots. She did their first shots and do you warming should I be alarmed that this may not be the most best way to buy a Persian cat
Answered by Dr. Gabby in 13 mins 4 years ago
imglogo
Dr. Gabby
Pet Specialist
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello. My name is***** have been a veterinarian for 20 years. I am happy to help you with your question. How old are the kittens? I would make sure they come with at least a 24 hours health guarantee and then take them to the vet in the first 24 hours. Have the vet do an exam and a fecal test for coccida, giardia, and worms. If there is an health issue, that is more than you want to deal with, you should be able to return them for a full refund. Make sure to get that in writing. If she does not want to give you a written health guarantee then run. If she did her first shots the vets will not count that as the "first shots" and will make you start the serious over. Just letting you know about that.

There are Persian cat rescues as well. I am not sure if they will have kitten if that is what you are interested in but I know they will have Persians.

When you buy or adopt a cat, you will want to see the environment the cat lives in as well. If the lady were to bring the kitten to the front door and hand it to you that is suspicious as well. I always ask to meet the parents of the kitten or puppy so I can check temperament.

Customer
Okay. Great advice. We actually have a Persian cat rescue in our area and I was going to look into that as well as looking into some retired breeding cats. We are not opposed to other options. Those kittens appealed to us only because they were at a discounted price.

You can also ask if she has any references you can call. Ask if you can call her vet for a reference.

If she says she does not have a vet that would be a clue she is shady as well.

Sometimes people have to give up their pet cats that have never bred to the rescues. They make great pets as well because they are mature and do not swing from your mini blinds like kittens. : ) I know kittens are adorable.

Hi, I'm just following up on our conversation about Na. How is everything going? Dr. Gabby
Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Dr. Gabby
logo
logo
logo
Pet Specialist
imglogo
Dr. Gabby
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.