My kitten is throwing up some liquid and curdled milk she is almost 9 weeks. Not sure she is not acting normal and

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: My kitten is throwing up some liquid and curdled milk she is almost 9 weeks
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your kitten eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not sure she is not acting normal and shaking a little bit
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Daisy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Daisy?
Customer: No but her sister died at 6 weeks I think she had a seizure
Answered by Terri in 8 hours 4 years ago
imglogo
Terri
20+ years of experience
logo

Specialities include: Cat Veterinary, Cat Medicine, Cat Diseases, Small Animal Veterinary

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

what food is she eating?

Customer
She still nurses a little bit and eats both wet and dry cat food. However she is the one that I catch trying to eat tiny things on the floor that my 7 yr old leaves out. She is still very alert but also still puking a little white foam now. Hasn't eaten hard food since earlier today but has nursed and still wants to nurse. She stopped shaking but is not her playful self. She is breathing normal and her eyes seem to be ok.

thanks so much for your very helpful reply. please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer.

Has she ad a bowel movement today?

Customer
I honestly don't know if she did or not but the first pile of puke I found was right by the litter box and everytime she starts to get sick she heads back there and sometimes looks like she is trying but ends up puking again instead. Figured it out it was her around 5 pm but found the first pile of puke early this afternoon around 2.
Customer
It was liquid and curdled milk then got liquidy and yellow to now white foam. But makes sense if she hasn't eaten much.
Customer
I live in northern California

She may have eaten non food or something she should not have. Check inside her mouth for a stuck item or any abnormalities.

Rub a drop of honey or syrup into her gums to raise her blood sugar. This will also sooth her throat.Give her one quarter of a ten mg pepcid a/c (famotidine). I usually add it to a tablespoon of baby food chicken with no onion or garlic Or canned cat food.Every 12 hours. wait 30 minutes and offer soft food.you can also use ginger, an eighth of a tsp for nauseahttp://www.1800petmeds.com/Famotidine-prod11171.htmlRemove all dry food and any wet with chunks, pieces or shreds.Feed only smooth pate canned food or baby food.Canned food prevents hairballsIf you do not have this in the house, boil chicken or hamburger. Puree in blender with a little warm waterIf she gets dehydrated give her tuna water drained from the can.check out foods at chewy.com. they deliver free and will refund money for food she does not like or will not eat.cats get bored easily so vary flavors and textures dailyPlease let me know how she is doing . I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri
Customer
Thank you. I already swept her mouth for an obstacle and she got a little upset and meowed and scratched me. Which I feel is a good sign. She still plays somewhat but nothing like normal. Your advice is very helpful and I will try it after she wakes up. Right now she is finally sleeping on my chest.

you are more than welcome. it is my pleasure to help such a wonderful person

Customer
Well thank you very much. Already lost her sister at 6 weeks so just worries me. Hoping she feels better soon with your great advice. Thank again

I am so sorry about her sister....lets get her well.

please be so kind as to rate my answer so I am credited by the site. I will still be here for you at no additional charge

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Terri
logo
logo
logo
20+ years of experience
imglogo
Terri
+ years of experience
logo

Licensed veterinarians

Pearl avatar
Pearl Wilson, Veterinarian's Assistant
116 Veterinarians are online right now.