Cat

Connect one-on-one with a verified cat vet who will answer your question

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

More related answers
All cat vets are VERIFIED
Cat: stinks..back of my couch where she usually lays..bum
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
My Cat smells terrible. Her breath really stinks and she's leaving stains on the back of my couch where she usually lays. The stains are coming from her bum. Is this an anal gland problem? Could that … read more
My 23 lb, 4 1/2 year old domestic shorthair has had ...
ERAnimalNurse
ERAnimalNurse, Supervising Veterinary Nurse
My 23 lb, 4 1/2 year old domestic shorthair has had intermittant mushy stool and a stained anal area (sometimes infections there as well) for the past two years. During these years, our Vet had us try… read more
cat: has a small amount of fecal matter stuck to her anal area
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
My cat has a small amount of fecal matter stuck to her anal area for a few days. What should I do?… read more
My cat has a runny butt almost like anal leakage and when ...
Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
My cat has a runny butt almost like anal leakage and when he goes to sit down it looks like he is pooping or peeing but isn't, it's just a regular sitting position for him right now and the anal leaka… read more
The newly adopted cat has an amputated tail, and she has
Joan
Joan, Private
The newly adopted cat has an amputated tail, and she has anal leakage that gets on the bedding and furniture. Can anything be done to fix this problem?. … read more
My 8 year old cat has been spayed, but sometimes she ...
Artemis Platz
Artemis Platz, High School or GED
My 8 year old cat has been spayed, but sometimes she discharges this terrible smelling lliquid from her hine quarters. What is it ? What can be done about it?… read more
My cat smells terrible for over a week. It looks like the smell
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
My cat smells terrible for over a week. It looks like the smell is coming from his butt. sometimes he leaves some liquid droppings on the floor. What can we give him to stop the problem?… read more
cats: slobbering..acting..allergic reaction..something or first signs
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
I have two cats little over year old that started slobbering and have terrible smell to their breath, they just sitting around not real active but not acting really sick,what should i do. is it a alle… read more
My kitten has anal leakage; she is on advantage multi and does
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
My kitten has anal leakage; she is on advantage multi and does not have worms/fleas or a hard belly, she is not yet spayed or declawed as she just turned 6 months old, was treated for ear mites/fleas … read more
cat: anal..yellowish, greenish color and has been occuring..first heat
Lynn
Lynn, Veterinary Assitant
my cat is about 2 years old and is experincing anal leakage. it is a yellowish, greenish color and has been occuring for about the last month. she just recently went through her first heat after about… read more
cat: her ear where there is less fur naturally to the point..scab
Liddy
Liddy, Educator
My cat sometimes scratches the area in front of her ear where there is less fur naturally to the point where there is a scab. Is there something I can do or does she just get too into scratching this … read more
Our kitten has had diareah and some anal leakage. She is ...
Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
Our kitten has had diareah and some anal leakage. She is eating kitten food and is playful still. It looks as if her anal area is protuding.… read more
my cat is leaving small drops of blood where ever she sits, ...
Lori
Lori, Feline Healthcare
my cat is leaving small drops of blood where ever she sits, what could be the cause of this… read more
My 3 yr old small female cat sometimes looks bloated, has extremely
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
My 3 yr old small female cat sometimes looks bloated, has extremely dry narrow poops, and sometimes a fowl smelling watery juice comes out when she gets excited. I am feeding her 1/4 can catfood 2x a … read more
My 13 year old female cat smells of ammonia on her back end,
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Customer: My 13 year old female cat smells of ammonia on her back end, to where it leaves scent on my clothes when she sits on my lap. She grooms that area a lot as well. My vet saw her for this sever… read more
MY MALE CAT HAS SQUATTED, AND HAS LEFT SMALL SPOTS OF URINE ...
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
MY MALE CAT HAS SQUATTED, AND HAS LEFT SMALL SPOTS OF URINE IN DIFFERENT AREAS. THERE IS BLOOD SOMETIMES. IT HAS BEEN ABOUT 3 DAYS. TODAY WAS THE FIRST DAY FOR THE BLOOD THOUGH. HE IS OVERWEIGHT, MAIN… read more
bengal: My male..has started to smell around the anal area
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
My male nuetered bengal cross cat has started to smell around the anal area. It apears to be clean and he is washing. I am thinking it may be a gland issue. His behaviour does not appear changed… read more
cat: bowel movement, his anal area gets covered in feces..poop..raw
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Every time my mother's cat has a bowel movement, his anal area gets covered in feces. He is not sitting in his own poop, and the vet has no diagnosis so I doubt it is a prolapsed rectum or infected an… read more