Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

She is losing her balance when she walks and she’s been

She is losing her...

She is losing her balance when she walks and she’s been sleeping a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Reda and she is about 5 or 6 Year’s old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Reda?

The vet gave us some steroids to give her because she was acting like she is now. He took some blood tests and said something was going on with her but I really didn’t understand the technical jargon

Answered in 1 hour by:
5/28/2018
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

has she had a recent ear infection?

Not that I know of

thanks so much for your very helpful reply. please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer

I am sorry Reda is not feeling well. She may have a NOT serious condition called vesibular syndrome. It is often misdiagnosed as a stroke or neurological issue.

However, it is caused by a deep middle ear infection that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

It causes, imbalance, disorientation, dizziness and nausea similar to our motion sickness,

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/vestibularsyndrome.cfm

Give Reda 12,5 mg of dramamine to relieve the symptoms every 12 hours.

www.dramamine.com

Please let me know how she is doing.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.Kind regards,

Terri

Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Reda passed away......please don't bother me anymore.

I am so very sorry for your loss