Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Experience:  Expert in feline health and behavior. 20 years experience with cats.
437368

My sweet old man kitty hasn’t been sleeping at night. I have

Customer Question

My sweet old man kitty hasn’t been sleeping at night. I have an upcoming appointment for him to discuss using Clonazepam for him to settle at night. It has been a week since he’s allowed me to sleep at night and I’m desperate for the both of us to rest. Is it safe for him to have a very small dose of my Clonazepam to help him settle? My tablets are .5 and I have a splitter and pull pockets that he takes his amlodepine in. I feel like he’s kinda confused what time of day it is and needs reassurance. He’s 19 years old and weights 7.5 lbs.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Wiley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wiley?
Customer: He’s fairly healthy otherwise. He had mild hypertension which we treat with Amlodipine
Category: Cat
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​