Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My sweet old man kitty hasn’t been sleeping at night. I have…

Customer Question
My sweet old man...

My sweet old man kitty hasn’t been sleeping at night. I have an upcoming appointment for him to discuss using Clonazepam for him to settle at night. It has been a week since he’s allowed me to sleep at night and I’m desperate for the both of us to rest. Is it safe for him to have a very small dose of my Clonazepam to help him settle? My tablets are .5 and I have a splitter and pull pockets that he takes his amlodepine in. I feel like he’s kinda confused what time of day it is and needs reassurance. He’s 19 years old and weights 7.5 lbs.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the kitten. What is the kitten's name?

Wiley

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Wiley?

He’s fairly healthy otherwise. He had mild hypertension which we treat with Amlodipine

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Cat
4/1/2018
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 20 days ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?​

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert