Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

He is lethargic. When I left to go to work this morning he…

Customer Question
He is lethargic. When...

He is lethargic. When I left to go to work this morning he ate well and was fine. I came home at 2:30 and he just lays there. This not like him.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Blue and I think he is about 10 months old. He was a stray

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Blue?

He has eaten some aloe plant. And he likes to chew on the other plants in the house.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
Cat Vet: Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian replied 3 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Blue is not feeling well. Is there any way he could have gotten into some toxin such as antifreeze, rat bait, or household cleaning products?

Aloe plants can be toxic but I would expect just some diarrhea from it. It could be the cause of his lethargy, but other things should also be considered.

No I don’t think so

Okay, if the aloe plant is causing stomach discomfort, you can give him one tablet of 5 mg Pepcid. If he is still lethargic and not eating, or if he gets any worse, I would get him to the vet for some lab work.