Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a 10 month female cat and she is very aggressive with…

I have a 10...

I have a 10 month female cat and she is very aggressive with the kids.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the cat?

SPCA told me spay may be help

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

No

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

She have all space, toys, bed, tower but she is aggravate with kids and babies around me with my grandchild she squeeze and move very silently trying to hurt her.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Khloe

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Khloe?

Shes eating and vomit sometimes thats new and is getting a little bit skinny sometime she is angry with me too

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Khloe eat anything unusual?

Sometimes likes sneak in the trash or jump to the kitchen and eat something that she can reach

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Ok

Hello, again.

From your description of the behavior, it sounds like Khloe may be bored and wants someone to play with, that's why she's bothering the kids. If she's 10 mos. old and has not been spayed, I definitely agree with the ASPCA and their recommendation to have her spayed. This will be healthier for her, as she will have no chance of developing a very serious uterine infection called 'Pyometra' and it will also cut down on her chances of developing mammary cancer.

If she's not spayed, her hormones are running high, as she is seeking a mate, and that can make her more aggressive. I don't believe in declawing, but you can get 'Soft Paws,' vinyl claw caps that fit on the nail with special adhesive and last about 6 weeks. This way, she won't be able to scratch the children. Here is more information:

https://www.softpaws.com/

----------

I don't think she wants to hurt your granddaughter; she's just trying to see who this new 'creature' who smells different and sounds different (crying) is and if she's a threat to her. As you know, cats are very curious, and so she wants to check the baby out. She should never be left alone in the same room as the baby or the children.

Because she's vomiting recently, and that's something new, she may be having a problem with an ingredient in her food or, if you stated that she likes to get into the trash and grab other items left out in the kitchen, she can poison herself or cause a serious intestinal obstruction. To avoid this, keep the trash can covered tightly and don't ever leave any food or other items out for her to grab.

If you've noticed she's becoming thin, lately, she really should be seen by her vet for a physical, including blood work and urinalysis.

To try to keep her calmer around the kids (and you), get a Feliway plug in; this resembles a plug in air freshener, but has no scent to humans. It emits calming cat pheromones. You can also give her calming chews like Composure and follow the instructions on the package.

https://www.feliway.com/us/

---------

https://www.chewy.com/vetriscience-composure-behavioral/dp/38931

----------

These items can be bought in most pet supply stores or ordered online.

I hope all will be well with Khloe and her behavior and physical problems, will soon improve.

I hope you feel that I have given you Great Service. If so, a 5 star rating would be appreciated. Your rating should be based solely on my answer. Experts are not compensated for their assistance, until a positive rating is given.

If you have any other, related questions, please reply here, and I'll be happy to follow up with you at no additional charge, even after you have rated.

Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Thank you so much, very very helpful for me!!!!

You're most welcome! It's my pleasure to be of help to you and Khloe!

Your excellent rating is highly appreciated; thank you very much!

If you wish to request me for any future cat questions, please begin your post with "For Cher Only" and I will be happy to answer. If I'm not online at the time, I will definitely send your answer when I log in. I'm online many hours of the day and wee hours of the morning. : )

Warmest regards,

Cher

Cher
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist