Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

She walks around a table in the center of the kitchen any…

She walks around a...

She walks around a table in the center of the kitchen any where from twice to twenty times before goin g outside and around a rocking chair the same way before going back inside. Is she cod?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did the cat have a fall?

I don't think so.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Ellie and she is about 12 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is Ellie?

About 12years.

3/25/2018
Joan
Joan, Vet Tech

Hello,.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 35+ years. I would like to help you unravel this mystery.

Ellie being 12 years old is about the age we start seeing some sign of Cognitive Dysfunction. This is essence is a form of dementia in cats. I think this coupled with OCD, Obscessive Compulsive may be causing the strange behavior.

If I am correct you may see some other behaviors pop up here and there, but this does not affect her health.

I hope this information has help. Please hit reply to discuss this information.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Joan, thank you for dealing with this. I agree with you on this and I'm sure she will have more and different episodes in the future. As for a rating 10 being excellent, I would rate you a 10. With your experience I think you have diagnosed this perfect. Thank you again for your answer, Joe.
Phone call session started