Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Vomiting and diarrhea. Not that I know of, we noticed that…

Customer Question
Vomiting and diarrhea Veterinarian's...

Vomiting and diarrhea

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the cat eat anything unusual?

Not that I know of, we noticed that his spine is more boney and we can feel each section, his abdomen seems bloated too

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Percy and he is 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Percy?

Has been prone to uti symptoms that were kept at bay when we used a pheramone diffuser

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat
3/21/2018
Cat Vet: Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
Dr. Rachel
Dr. Rachel, Veterinarian

Welcome to JustAnswer.com! My name is***** and I have been a licensed veterinarian for 10 years. I would be happy to answer your question. I'm sorry to hear that Percy is sick. Older cats can develop a number of conditions that can cause the signs you are seeing, including kidney and liver disease, diabetes, irritable bowel disease, pancreatitis, food allergies, and hyperthyroidism, to mention the most common. Since there could be so many things that could be wrong, I recommend having some lab work done, including blood work (Chemistry profile, CBC and thyroid check) as well as a urinalysis.