Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Lenny, my 18 year old female cat, Corky, has recently lost…

Customer Question
Hi Lenny, my 18 year...
Hi Lenny, my 18 year old female cat, Corky, has recently lost her companion ( they did not get along well, as Max was very dominant and she was mostly scared ). Although she eats well, has regular optimal bowel movements, she has developed slight head tremors and has become both very vocal, clingy and also much braver.
Corky has a beautiful tabby coat, grooms regularly, seeks our company and attention and generally and abhores deviations from the strictest daily routine.
I would prefer not to put her through the visit to the vet. Please advise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Corky does not seem distressed or even incommodated by the slight tremor which is barely detectable when you look very attentively at her ears. It is just a very recent 14 days maybe? development and it worries me a bit.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is an indoor only cat and has not been to the vet in about 3 years. Her last visit was perfectly normal.
3/18/2018
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share video of what you're seeing? When did Corky last have bloodwork? Does she not travel well to the vet's office?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would rather spare Corky a trip to the vet. She is a very timid cat and does not like strangers or going out. She seems well this morning and I cannot detect any tremors. Last bloodwork 3 years ago was perfectly normal. Previous vet PitRottMommy seems to not have read my notes.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Pls semd an answer to email***@******.***. So far have not received anything after PitRottMommy which was a rather flimsy answer to put it politely.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Head tremor still visible. What could it be?
Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert