Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My cat was born 6/11/11 is a black male short hair had

surgery on 3/12/18 for cancer...
My cat was born 6/11/11 is a black male short hair had surgery on 3/12/18 for cancer on his right rear leg which was cut off.
They kept him at the hospital till 3/14/18, then we picked him up that day, he has eaten and drank lots of water, pooped a little bit but has not urinated as of yet. He has gotten up tried to walk eat and drink then goes back to rest in his cat bed.
He does not appear to be in any pain but I can't get him to urinate I don't want him to have some type of blockage and cause other problems for him. I can't get in touch with our Vet so I need to know what if anything more I need to do and observe while I'm waiting for him to go.
3/16/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that you have not received a response to your initial question before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

He has urinated but still hasn't pooped but he is doing fine. The thing is where they amputated his leg where they stitched it and its leaking a green smelly fluid is that normal?

No, this does not sound normal.

How long has it been since he urinated?

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Its been a few hours since he has so that's good. Im going to get antibiotics from a shelter that's will help out do you know of any that's good for cats with a amputation incision that's leaking a dark greenish brown smelly fluid? Thank you