Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I just rescued her from a shelter. And she pooped on my bed…

Customer Question
I just rescued her...

I just rescued her from a shelter. And she pooped on my bed just out of no were. Then today I went to pet her and she peed on her self . She is 5 years old very snuggly. But puts her head down like she is scared

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the cat's name and age?

Hannah and she is 5

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Hannah?

Not that I now i just adopted her from the shelter

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Cat Vet: Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Good morning! This is Dr. Loretta and I would like to help.Since sweet Hannah is recently adopted, this in appropriate elimination is due to this extra stress and anxiety. Purchase Feliway at the pet store or your veterinarian which is a feline pheromone that acts as a calming agent. It is best to have your vet do an exam on sweet Hannah to be sure there is not a medical cause for this behavior. If this is ruled out, the Feliway may help or your Vet can prescribe medication to help Hannah past this behavior that is caused by stress.Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if I can help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian