Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My kittens are 2 and a half weeks old and one has a wet

Customer Question
Hi my kittens are...

Hi my kittens are 2 and a half weeks old and one has a wet bottom since this morning their mother has fcov, could this be fcov?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with your kitten?

I really don't know but the mother has fcov

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your kitten seem to hurt?

He isn't hurt it's just a wet bottom and the FCOV mutation is Feline Infectious Peritonitis

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitten's name?

Titan, he's not even 3 weeks old yet I was told they immunity up to that

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your kitten?

My family used to take in strays until one brought in FCOV and they all have it now. 2 of my other cats had 10 kittens between them and now only 2 are left

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat
3/7/2018
Cat Vet: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 1 month ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Are you seeing diarrhea with the wet bottom, or might this be from a mother's recent cleaning?

Terri
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert