Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a 2 year old female who son was killed on our road 5…

Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a 2 year old female who son was killed on our road 5 weeks ago. Since this she has become a very living lap cat but I have noticed she has very sore nippe's with which look like something has been feeding from her. Could this be possible?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the cat's name?

Cyril.. sorry she is a girl but got named by a 3 year old and was mentioned to be a male!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Cyril?

She seems to have a little weight but eating well and shows no sign of pain or discomfort. She would let me check her nipped.

3/7/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?

Is she spayed?

Sorry I see it did send.

The picture is too far away for me to see her nipples, I need it close enough to see them in detail.

OK I'll try again but she's not liking it.
No sorry she's getting to stressed. She has never been a lap cat or been a people cat. This started about 2 weeks after her son was killed and I noticed her last 2 nipped only are red and sore like a kitten has been feeding from them x
I have found some patches of scabs on her now as tho she's been fighting.

If she's an indoor-outdoor cat, yes, the potential does exist for her to be visiting another animal (even kittens) who might be nursing off of her. Without seeing what you're seeing up close, the best I can recommend is going to be having her examined. If she's also got some scabbing on her body, she may need a course of antibiotics so having an examination by your veterinarian would be wise.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Thank you. Her son always looked after her with other cats so she never got involved with fights he done the fighting! We do have few stray cats around that could of had kittens. Thank you

Without him present now there's a very good chance wherever she's going that another cat is fighting her. Good luck to you both!

Thank you

You're welcome.

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
PitRottMommy