Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I have a 13.7 year old neutered male shorthair tuxedo cat.

I have a 13.7...

I have a 13.7 year old neutered male shorthair tuxedo cat. He has always liked to be the dominant cat around our house. He is an indoor outdoor cat. He likes to bird also. We try very hard to bring him inside every night. He got in a fight last Monday evening and was acting injured. I could not catch him on Tuesday, but took him to the vet on Wednesday morning. The vet checked him all over and like me could not find any wounds. He decided it was probably a soft tissue injury.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Is the cat bleeding a lot?

He has in the last day developed a bump near his spine that I am assuming is an abscess. I will take him back to the vet first thing tomorrow.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

His name is Bullitt

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bullitt?

My concern is that he seems to be losing weight.

1/21/2018
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Phone call session started