Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

My 5 year old girl cat cannot seem to clean herself. last…

Hi, my 5 year...

Hi, my 5 year old girl cat cannot seem to clean herself. last year the vet said its common for fat cats. the reccommended I get an electric shaver and remove hair from her rear area for hygiene purposes. I bought the shaver but she wont allow this and i live alone so i cant do it by myself. I have tried to clean with wipes but this is sooooo difficult. Now she smells like a urinal and i know this cant be healthy. Please help.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name?

Gracie

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gracie?

Since she was a kitten,bought from APL at 8 weeks, she had eye allergies and now eye one eye secreets marrooninh dishcharge. Her appetite and vigor is great

Her smell is so strong you can smell her when she enters the room. I know this bothers her. I use an extra large bath towel to escape her to gently clean and but ointments on her but she is an expert squirmer..... I don't want her to call ill. And what should I put on her bottom after attempts to clean her. I even bought waterless shampoo but she squirms and growls a bit
bath towel to swaddle her....
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/20/2018
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
Thank you so much! I requested a telephone response. Thank you in advance. My telephone number is(###) ###-####
Phone call session started

mens battery operated beard trimmer,

3 drops of cranberry juice every day,

babies no alcohol wipes

make a cheap safe mood stabilizer add 3 mg of melatonin to food containing turkey. Either baby food or canned cat food.Turkey contains l.triptophan so combining it with melatonin will calm her down. However it must be given every 24 hours as the effects are cumulative.

https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/melatonin-3-mg