Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Took my 13 yr old cat in for peeing outside the box and

Took my 13 yr...

Took my 13 yr old cat in for peeing outside the box and increased thrust. She is a bit difficult so they sedated her for bloodwork....results of bloodwork basically normal but looked like slightly elevated. Creatinine ... Mild kidney disease not requiring fluid therapy...that evening my cat had a stroke..vet is telling me not from the anesthesia. But under!Ying kidney disease. Brain tumor ..had no symptoms...or Infectious disease....she cannot stand. Pees where she lays is confused but is eating well...vet says give her a week if no change euthanize..can she recover shud I wait longer

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

When she went to get blood sugar spiked due to stress they had filed diabetes after further testing is came home with a different cat.....what happened

1/19/2018
Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert

Hello, My name is Terri.
It is my pleasure to assist you today!
I am reviewing your question right now and will reply in a few minutes.

how long is she like this?

did they check for a vestibular disorder?

Terri
Terri, Feline Healthcare Expert
What happened to my expert reply....just paid you
She has even like this for 5 days. Other said it was a stroke without seeing her further how do they check for vistibular disease
Hello?
Dr. Jill
Phone call session started

sorry for the confusion. Please give me a few minutes to type detailed answer. you WILL NOT BE CHARGED AGAIN.

I am sorry this happened. It could be a result of the anesthesia. The good news is most stroke patients recover completely. However, it can take up to 6 weeks so please do not give up on her,Use feline diapers in the meantime.

This may be a vestibular issue affecting her equilibrium.

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/Health_Information/vestibularsyndrome.cfm

Give her 13.5 mg of dramamine every 12 hours to relieve the symptoms.

http://www.dramamine.com/

Please keep me updated on her condition.