Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

I got a Persian kitten for my birthday, the poor thing has…

I got a Persian...

I got a Persian kitten for my birthday, the poor thing has ringworm on its tail. what can I use to speed the healing process

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the kitten?

What is the fastest way to cure ringworm

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the kitten seem to hurt?

The tail,

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. What is the Persian's name?

Sushi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sushi?

No, that is my biggest concern, I took her to the vet two weeks ago and the medicine that she gave me I don't seem to see any progress in healing

1/18/2018
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

What medicine is currently being used?

otomax 15mg
sorry, otomax 15g
miconaloze spray 2%

Unfortunately, ringworm takes weeks before you will see improvement. It can take 12 weeks or longer to overcome ringworm and regrow hair. 2 weeks is likely not enough time to be seeing improvement. You do have a few options here. You can talk to your vet about adding oral medication, like grispeg, to the treatment. You can also begin using lime sulfur dip: https://www.chewy.com/vet-basics-lime-sulfur-dip/dp/163591?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Vet%20Basics&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAiAqIHTBRAVEiwA6TgJwykvgp4b4qqsdrGahiA2cdgqude-YVgXHB2Ih1qxFPKdZ4oFtMHTDhoC8mIQAvD_BwE Otherwise, it will simply take time. The fur itself is going to fall out first, following you'll see a few weeks of hairlessness and eventually you'll see fur regrowing. We typically recommend that treatment continue until fur is regrown fully.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

thank you, ***** ***** to the vet tomorrow and see if oral medication for Sushi is possible. Very happy to have someone to ask��

You're quite welcome. I hope all goes well. Good luck!

PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse