Cat

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Cat

My chook has a red swelling in her bottom. It is a chicken.

My chook has a...

My chook has a red swelling in her bottom.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Thanks, ***** ***** a chicken

Veterinarian's Assistant: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?

Yes

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the chicken's name and age?

Age about 2-3 yrs, red island

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the chicken's name?

She is a bantam

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the chicken?

She is drowsy

1/18/2018
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. The photo appears to show a cloacal (vent) prolapse. You can manually replace the prolapse as can be shown here: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/04/prolapse-vent-causes-treatment-graphic.html but if it doesn't remain replaced this becomes a surgical problem for an avian vet (aavac.com/au). After reviewing that link, please return to our conversation with additional questions and concerns.

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian